Nothing says romance like spontaneity. Tell your sweetheart to pack an overnight bag, bring some dress clothes and keep the destination a secret.
Choose from several hotel romance packages
Afterward, get cleaned up for a romantic night out. After dinner you can watch the sunset at one of the county’s scenic destinations, such as:
Things To Do
Howell Opera House
The Opera House, a designated historic landmark, is a great place to take a date. This gorgeous building is an architectural and cultural centerpiece in downtown Howell.
- Experience concerts, performances, art exhibits or other special events open to the general public.
- Friday nights during July and August, the Opera House sponsors free, outdoor concerts downtown at the Howell Amphitheatre. Click on the link above to view the schedule.
Howell’s Main Street Winery
Sample some wine from the best wine list in Livingston County at Howell's Main Street Winery, also a downtown historic landmark.
- Taste a few from their selection of more than 30 vino varieties.
- Check out their list of events from the link above.
- See for yourself if the old building is haunted. Mysterious happenings are the norm...
- Take in a play, art exhibit or a “Blue Lantern Concert” in the intimate setting of the CoBACH (City of Brighton’s Arts, Culture and History) Center. Thursday evenings during the summer, The Brighton Art Guild hosts “Art at the Millpond” where artists display and sell their work. Some Thursdays include live music performed by guild members.
- Check out the free open-air concerts Sunday evenings in the Gazebo at the mill pond in Brighton. See the schedule in our events brochure by clicking here.
- If you’re in town at the right time of year, you could even catch the annual Detroit Symphony Orchestra's concert at Kensington Metropark.